Become a travel agent!
Start Date Monday, 4th December 2017 for 8 months (opportunity for permanent)
About the job: Travel Sales Agent
You’ll be supervised by the Sales and Reservations manager, but you’ll be working independently. It’ll be your responsibility to deliver the excellent customer service required to take all types of customers from their first enquiry to booking. You’ll be accountable for putting routes together, building customer relationships, maximising sales and passing on all your customers’ requirements to our reservations team. Together with other travel agents you’ll report your weekly achievements to the sales manager. That means you’ll need a friendly and outgoing personality, plenty of initiative, flawless attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a thorough understanding of our products and options.
Want to become a travel agent? Your customers will be looking for the trip of a lifetime – they’re relying on you to plan it, sell it and make it happen. If you think you’re the right person for this role, we’d love to hear from you!
About the company:
Euroventure are the Interrailing Experts. Our customers are from a range of ages and backgrounds, though most are UK based backpackers aged 18-30.
We’ve been putting European backpacking trips together since 2012, growing almost 50% per year. In our first year we planned trips for 50 customers. By summer 2017 the number had grown to 1000. By the same point this year we turned over our first million and expanded into Asia for the first time with our Trans-Siberian package.
The driving force behind this amazing growth is our outstanding team and amazing customer service. As we approach our 5th anniversary we’re looking for more multi-talented, multi-tasking travel-aficionados to join our expanding team.
About the Team
We’re a small and friendly team who adopt a work-hard, play-hard attitude – and, most importantly, we love what we do:
- We work together to build and grow a young business every day.
- We constantly take the initiative to learn and broaden our skills in a work environment that’s always evolving.
- We encourage each other to try new things – and to try again if it doesn’t work.
- We thrive off the excellent reviews we receive – we are passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers.
- When we’ve delivered our best work, we know how to relax. We are a sociable team with an excellent work/life balance.
Key Sales responsibilities:
- Go above and beyond for your customers
- Achieve your group sales targets by working together with other members of the team and building excellent relationships with your customers.
- Create and sell trips according to customers’ wishes via phone, web chat and email. Give advice and accurate information about accommodation, journeys and destinations.
- Keep on top of your own bookings by following sales procedures: follow up potential sales and bring in maximum revenue possible whilst maintaining a friendly, professional approach.
- Minimise loss of profit as a result of errors, oversights or miscommunications. Handle communication with excellent attention to detail and keep detailed notes on your customers’ requests.
- Put together paperwork: create and send accurate booking summaries, invoices and receipts.
- Follow up your sales by collecting customer feedback and reviews.
- If necessary you will take responsibility for your own mistakes, learn from them and ensure you – and others – don’t repeat them.
- Take part in full training to learn our products, sales processes and company values.
- Continue your learning proactively every day while you’re on the job.
- Answer general enquiries via phone and web chat.
- Process phone payments.
- Deal with and resolve urgent calls from customers facing a problem on one of our trips.
- Handle complaints and tricky situations in a confident, calm and professional manner.
- Take initiative to help out with other areas of business during busy patches, e.g. travel pack creation, assisting the reservations department.
Use your skills to grow the business: write blog posts, edit photos, make films, translate web pages from a foreign language… if we can, we’ll support you in whichever area of the business you’d like to gain experience.
Working for Euroventure:
- A competitive salary: 17k P.A. with regular pay reviews.
- A generous holiday allowance.
- Access to travel partner discounts for your own travels.
- To work in our flexible and informal office environment – No dress-code, flexible hours, Friday beers etc.
- The opportunity to work in a challenging and exciting workplace, with a dynamic, fun group of people.
- The chance to travel for work if you excel in your role.
- Plenty of opportunities for development. You’ll get lots of chances to train, learn new skills and develop your travel career.
As part of the Euroventure Sales Team, it’s essential that you be:
- A graduate or school leaver with at least one years’ office experience – you’re used to using phone and IT skills in a professional context, including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel for day to day tasks.
- A quick learner: You take information on board quickly and remember details easily.
- Adaptable: You can deal with unexpected situations confidently and calmly. You can be counted upon to resolve situations, even when you don’t have all the information to hand.
- A people person: you have customer service experience and love building relationships with your clients. You’re confident and comfortable talking on the phone even in tricky situations and you have a friendly, professional email style.
- A great communicator: you can explain travel plans clearly and concisely both via email and phone. You excel at the consultation process – handling complex itinerary changes in a clear way.
- Detail oriented: you’ll be used to keeping meticulous notes from previous jobs, and ensuring they are properly communicated to others where necessary.
- Excellent under pressure: You can multi-task easily, working both quickly and accurately.
- An independent worker: you can manage your own workload – you try your best to finish your work each day wherever possible, keeping customer response times to a minimum.
- A travel aficionado: you’ve travelled (ideally backpacked) Europe and beyond, and you’re full of experiences, stories and advice to share with your customers.
- Committed: You’re willing to work anti-social hours (for example bank holidays, evenings or weekends) on the understanding that you are directly contributing to the company’s success.
Additional Requirements (any of these are desirable and will give your application an advantage)
- Previous sales experience in a customer or business facing environment.
- Language skills – proficiency in any European languages (particularly German, Italian or Russian/any Slavic language). Mandarin will also be advantageous, as would any South-East Asian language.
- Content creation skills – experience in creative writing, coding HTML, photography and editing, film-making and editing. Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro or InDesign.
- Time spent living or working abroad – in depth experience of other cultures gained while spending a significant period of time in a foreign country/countries.
- Experience using CRM – Customer Relationship Management software, e.g. Zoho.
- Experience using travel agency booking systems – g. Galileo, Travelport etc.
- Excellent music taste…
To apply please complete an application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31st
Are you a blogger looking for experience? Would you like to see your work published on a website read by thousands of people? Do you love travel and telling people about your experiences? Euroventure can help!
We’re looking for lots of keen bloggers to write articles on European travel for our blog. We can provide you with a regular brief, or you can just send us your ideas. Successful writers will have their work published on our blog.
We’re looking for lots of people with:
- A flair for blogging and creative writing
- A passion for European travel
- Well researched, well written articles
- Gain experience which will look great on your CV and give you a start in the business.
- Flexible hours – from occasional articles to several a week, we’d love to see your work!
- Work from home in your spare time.
- Build up your writing portfolio and get exposure for your writing.
For more information or to apply to write for us, please email email@example.com.
Please note this is an unpaid role so you can write as much or as little as you like in order to work around existing commitments.
FLEXIBLE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES – 3- AND 6-MONTH ROLES
Want to become a travel agent in the future? Or to gain experience in areas such as web content writing, Photoshop, graphic design, web design or entrepreneurial skills? Would you like to work in a friendly, small business environment?
WE CAN HELP!
We’re currently offering internships on a flexible basis from January onwards. We don’t mind whether you haven’t had much experience – we’re just looking for enthusiastic people who’d like an opportunity to learn and develop their skills! Positions can be offered for 3- or 6- month periods (or even longer if you like!), and for as many hours a week as you’d like (so we can tailor your internship around uni or another job!)
We’re looking for lots of people with:
- Enthusiasm for travel and/or interrailing
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Areas of experience which you’d like to develop, for example:
- Web development (including HTML coding and design)
- Blogging and web content editing
- Customer relations
- PR/Marketing/Social Media
- Experience in whatever area you’re keen to develop. Working in a small business, you’ll get a chance to experience all sorts of areas of expertise, and really see your contribution making a difference.
- Flexible hours to suit you
- A chance to gain office experience, and build up your CV and references.
- Loads of fun working with our young team as we build Euroventure together!
- The chance of gaining full employment with us after your internship
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV including 2 references and a brief explanation of why you’d like to intern with us.